Wednesday 26 March 2014

Nostalga, feeling older then you actually are.

Unless you were born in the new millennium (and even then that's pushing it), I'm pretty sure everyone has had a moment when you suddenly feel older then you actually are, normally if you witness a anniversary of something you saw at the beginning if its life. While I'm sure it feels worse the older you get, for me at least, as someone who's 18 years old, it's a weird feeling knowing that the games you played, the shows and movies you watched are being classified as retro. I have very fond, memories of playing Nintendo 64's at restaurants and even my Primary School's before school care service when I was younger, playing Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Star Wars Pod Racer and Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. Playing Crash Bandicoot 1, Spyro the Dragon 1, The amazing Spiderman, Atlantis the lost empire and Tomb Raider on my family's (specifically my father's) PlayStation 1, having to swap Memory cards when needed just to find my save files, along with the Need for Speed Underground games, Burnout 3 and the early LEGO games on the PlayStation 2. These are memories ingrained into my head, memories that are so strong that I can pick them up again 20+ years latter and still play it like the last time I played it was yesterday. It is because of those games that I remember the consoles controller's layout off by heart, to me, all the buttons on them are exactly where they need to be. I still remember the original Beyblades (I went to a Beyblade Tournament myself, when it was almost impossible to learn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh because the first season barely resembled the card game (I know this from experience). When Tamagotchi's were physical things and not apps, Scannerz were around and you had kids in shops scanning everything with a barcode (I might have been one of them...) when rumours were spreading about the mythical E-Reader, the theories of how to get Deoxys and or Jirachi, Mirage Island and more. I know this might be pathetic for readers who are older then me and even for people my age, I don't know what it is, but I always do like reminiscing on those days...

Please let me know if there is anything you like to reminisce about your younger days, what makes you feel older then you actually do when you realise how long its been.

On a non related note, my blog for Super Smash Brothers, Fan Disagreement has had over 100 views, so again, thankyou to all who have actually read the blog and this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment