Friday 16 May 2014

An actual impressions this time: Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Michael Bay... what is there to say that hasn't already been said? While I like the cinematography in his movies, the action scenes are hit or miss for me. Ever since 2007, I've been excited for most of his versions of the Transformers movies as I was, and still am, into the series at the time. Unlike a lot of the older fans of the series, I joined in during Transformers Armada and avidly watched it, its sequel Transformers Energon and the series latter, Transformers Cybertron before the shows stoped airing in Australia (at least on Free TV as my family stoped paying for Foxtel around that time aswell so that might have something to do with it). It was the movies that kept me interested in the series since then and for the most part I think they did it well. The first movie I regard as one of my favourite movies, not the best movie I've ever seen (I'm actually not sure what that one would be...), Revenge of the Fallen wasn't as good to me but still a alright movie but I have a lot of issues with Dark of the moon.

As a fan of the series, I knew what was going on but that doesn't excuse its lack of story or plot. Yes the destruction of Chicago was great, but it had no build up and just felt lack lustre when compared to the battle in Egypt from Revenge of the Fallen with one of the reasons being that the battle was built up better.

But a review of the three of them is for another time, as for now: Age of Extinction, the forth instalment and the beginning of a new trilogy in the movie's universe. From what we know of so far, Humans are now trying to kill off the last of the Tranformers, including the Autobots, however I am not going to speak of how until a review of Age of Extinction (which will be when its on DVD/ Blu-ray, I'm not reviewing movies while their at cinema's). Because of this, I believe that there's going to be a plot that is actually going to have more significance then Dark of the Moon's one did. Known Transformers include Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Hound (for the first time), Crosshairs (for the first time), Drift (for the first time), Brains (why???), the Dinobots (Grimlock, Slug, Slog, Strafe, Scorn, Slash and Snarl (all of which are new to the movie's universe)), Galvatron (for the first time), Lockdown (for the first time), Stinger (for the first time), and Junkheap (for the first time).

As for the trailers themselves so far? The movie looks promising and have convinced me to see it at the cinema as I did with the last three. With a new cast of humans, new story, new Transformers and more, it looks to be as good as the first movie was. My only hope is that it lives up to these expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment