Friday 22 May 2015

M.M.M: Thor: The Dark World: "Ok, now you're just teasing"

Only three more films of the Marvel Movie Marathon, and in the lead up to its climax, we come to Thor's second movie. We've seen how Tony has handled almost dying, now lets see just how much damage control they had to do, Thor: The Dark World



So after some prologue exposition, we find out that Thor has been busy repairing the damage the other worlds have done to themselves thanks to a newly repaired Bifrost. While this is happening, Selvik has gone insane, and Jane is in London trying to find Thor, and ends up finding the power to water bend... Oh wait, I haven't reviewed Avatar yet... I'm getting to it... What she found was a liquid called the Aether, a power a race called the Dark Elves tried to use to rid the world of the light, and now that its be rediscovered, the remaining Dark Elves go into take it back, eventually succeeding and almost complete their plan, but the one using the power, Malekith, has his arms teleported off of him, and soon after crushed by his own ship, with the film ending shortly after. You think there's more? It's mostly just filler. While it's very nice filler, fleshing out some of the other characters (I do believe I hear the Loki fans out the front of my door), at the end of the day, its still filler. The writing in this movie also isn't as compelling and interesting as the prior films in the actual MCU, still miles ahead of 03's Hulk, but to be fair, that's not saying much (though I do hope the new reinforced glass keeps that Poodle away).
"Why does Déjà vu hurt so much?"

Writing aside, everything else is on par with the prior films. The action scenes are really well done, the CGI is great, and the soundtrack, while nice, doesn't stand out as much in comparison to the last three movies. With the exception of one problem I have (that I'm going to bring up when necessary), I can summaries this movie with one word, eh. It's nothing great, not the best film I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst I've reviewed, let alone worst I've watched to some extent (it might be hard to believe, but there are films I hate more then Age of Extinction). I'll see you guys on Monday for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, hopefully I have more to talk about with it.

Oh, and by the way, such an annoying tease, considering the final battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment