Friday 17 July 2015

Hatfall: Why? Because I'm bored right now.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll look around, maybe play a browser game, or what I probably should be doing, catching up on sleep. However in this case, I went for the first option because "Live while you're alive, sleep while you're dead" and another reason you may or may not know of in the future... So Hatfall...

I'll start with the plot, as I could clear it in one sentence. To paraphrase a paraphrase in the game itself. Hats are falling, you need a hat.What else were you expecting? It's a browser game also in smart phones.

Gameplay wise, you do just that, you get hats. You use the left and right arrows to position yourself under an object and hope its a hat, the more hats you get, the more of a chance you have to get unlockable costumes and items, to which, by the looks of it, they're all purely cosmetic. Levels get harder by adding in more dumb AI walls and more chances of objects not being hats, like polls, fridges and more.

Aesthetic wise, if you're used to Zero Punctuation's art style, then you know what this is going to be, its the style used in his review, just more fluently animated thanks to the fact that this is a video game. Music's alright, nothing spectacular that hasn't been used in the reviews before.

Overall? If you're looking for a time waster, then this is alright. It doesn't do anything stupid like put in micro transactions, though you can choose to see an ad every now and then for a few extra hats, which is the currency in the game. Am I basically wasting your time with this? Yes, but I needed something to do, and now this has beaten the Kirby's Adventure record at 15 minutes to do... yay...
I'll see you for Ocarina of Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment